Friday, September 29, 2006

What a week...

Putting the October kits together - nice!
Preschool excursion - how can I get so tired just catching bugs with kids?!
Organising the Lime Tart 1st birthday celebrations.
Sifting through Lime Tart design team applications - nice!
Trying to keep the house tidy - impossible!
Missed Mary getting an award today for 'lovely manners' due to above excursion.
Didn't get a place in the Hero Arts comp but I know a few girls that did - well done! Gorgeous entries.

Here's mine:

I stamped the squiggle background in versamark and then drew over the top with a white gel pen to simulate doodling. The main image has again been stamped in versamark and then I used an anywhere hole punch to punch out holes and backed it with a contrasting colour. Hero Arts gems were popped into some of the holes.

Another entry that didn't win but I LOVE is Godelieve's here. She has done amazing stuff with the lace stamps. AMAZING!

You can see all the winners here. To play favourites - mine are 1st and 2nd in the Scrapbook/Card duo.

4 Comments:

Blogger Godelieve said...

Well, you already know how much I like your card Philippa, the punching/matting is a great idea, looks gorgeous! Thanks for telling how you did the background :)

Thanks for linking my card, and we have the same favorites in the contest :)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great card Philippa! Very creative. :)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

You must be one proud mum to know that Mary has beautiful manners!!

I bet you are having the loveliest time looking at all your dt applications. Good luck with it. I'm sure it won't be easy.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww thanks Philippa! I've only just found out about the Hero comp today because I've been away. I love your card. Very clever with the hole punch!! It looks fantastic!!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits