Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas

Well what a wonderful couple of days, we have barely left the house and it has been so relaxing. On Christmas Day we had breakfast with my mum and partner here at the house and of course hubby put on his traditional Eggs Benedict, orange juice, croissants, coffee, fresh fruit etc. YUM! Then hubby's mum came around for lunch and you would think we had an extra ten guests with the amount of food he made! We had roast beef and hollandaise sauce, lobster tail wrapped in prosciutto with lime and caper butter, fresh prawns, ham, turkey, salads, rolls..... Then dessert - I made dessert, we had individual meringues with cream and macerated berries.

The day started at 5am with Billy coming into our room to ask if he could go out to the lounge. I told him he could have a quick look but then had to go back to bed until 6am. Well five past six he was back, lol! So many presents, so much fun. Santa Claus bought us a big watergun each, yes mum and dad got one too! We made good use of them on Christmas afternoon and got thoroughly soaked. They are a bit big though and the girls struggle to carry them.

On Boxing Day we set up the new little blow up swimming pool and the kids sat in that most of the day. Hubby and I ate leftovers and I bought a skipping rope to try and lose the calories from the awesome food that we seem to eat.



Today has just been another lazy day, well actually I've been packing January Kits so I am getting ahead of myself but I want to start creating with mine! Look out for the sneak peeks to newsletter subscribers on the 1st January.

Due to a few requests, I will also have instructions and photos up on the site very soon of a CD Tin album I made from the December 12x12 Kit.



Well I hope everyone had a fantastic, relaxing Christmas as I certainly did! I've even been reading some great books that I got as gifts, plus playing with my new cheapie digital camera that mum bought for me! How nice is it to just snap away and not be concerned about film costs! It will certainly be my New Year's resolutions to save up for a really special digital SLR, and to use that skipping rope, and to build the stairs, and pave the entertainment area, finish painting the dining room.......

Have a good New Year's Eve!! (It's our ninth wedding anniversary!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

HI Phillipa, I've been doing a bit of blog hopping and I've found yours and stopped by.

Gorgeous photos and your Christmas sounds lovely and relaxing.

Hope you don't mind if I pop back in every now and then. ;)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Roz said...

LOL, I have similar 'resolutions' for doing things around the house!

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! Love the water gun idea!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Chris Millar said...

Lobster!! I'm coming to your house next year!!LOL Although 5am scares me off a bit! Glad you had a lovely day Philippa!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits