Monday, March 26, 2007

More cards

This first card is for the CPS sketch #6.
The second card is something I made along the way to making the first card, lol. I had stamped and coloured the images to use with the sketch but it just didn't work out, so this is how it finished up. All stamps are by Maryse Carrier and Cats Pajamas, and they have been coloured with Twinkling H2Os.
Dawn asked how I made the Pikachu cake - it's so easy! I baked four round cakes and piled them up with a bit of icing in between, then carved it slightly around the top. The legs and arms were made with alfoil and then jammed into the cake, lol. Cover it all with lots of icing and paint on the features with those little tubes of icing that you can buy ready made. The kids loved it :) I normally bake one day, carve the next and ice it the day of the party. The cake stays really fresh and it just makes it easier to carve and ice when it isn't baked the same day.

7 Comments:

Blogger dawnmercedes said...

Oooh, thanks for the directions! I think we might have to try it sometime. Last year, the week after school let out, I had a PokePalooza for my kids and their friends. It was a blast! I made "pokeballs" out of cookies the size of pizzas, frosted white and red...a bit simpler than the pikachu cake...so maybe I can try for something more complicated!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Phillipa,
I Love that card at the top of the post just gorgeous!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Rika said...

What a lovely card!

3:02 PM  
Blogger . said...

love your card! :-)

12:23 AM  
Blogger Kandis Smith said...

I love them both!! Very pretty cards.

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your card from the sketch at CPS is just plain COOL!!!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Lea L. said...

Wonderful job on your card!! Thanks for participating at CPS!

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits