Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mission: Collage

Julie is running a collage challenge on her blog and I'm taking part. The first part of the challenge was to use paint, paper and ink. This is what I came up with.
My base is just an extra thick piece of chipboard/cardboard. I've painted it with Matisse Cobalt Turquoise and Jo Sonja's Smoked Pearl. Then I tipped some Metallic Bronze Lumieres over the top and smooshed it around with a paddlepop stick. I've then stuck some torn bookpages on with gel medium and doodled with a black pen (the ink part, lol).


The next steps were chalk, pastels or crayons, then a photo, then charcoal.
I rubbed the paper with Artists' Soft Pastels in Raw Umber & Phthalo Blue. The photo was purchased from Fokvanger (I love this site!), printed onto photo paper and then transferred using gel medium. I have then used charcoal around the edge of the transfer and the edge of the 'canvas'.


Looking forward to Julie's next instalment so I can continue!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Prichard said...

omg, Philippa! Your collage looks amazing!!! That image is awesome!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Hi Phillipa, I'm in on this too! Yours looks great, I really love the photo you have used. I bet it looks even better in real life with the lumiere paint. Love it!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits