Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm melting!

Our aircon decided to stop working when we got back from our holidays and when we were wearing jumpers on Christmas Day we are now sweltering in 40 degree Celsius (104F) heat! We have a solid brick wall facing west which gets the full heat of the afternoon sun. Whoever did the renovations here has a lot to answer for!

So the heat is stifling our school holidays a bit. We are too hot and cranky to do much inside and we can't go out everyday as it costs a small fortune!

Okay now I have that off my chest, lol.....

The ATC swap is going to be amazing! I have 14 signups so far, from here on my blog and from Time2Stamp. You can get my postal address from here if you need it.

Sign ups: 1. Me 2. Flea 3. Mojo 4. Lavandula 5. KristyC * 6. MargaretW* 7. Sephi - Received thank you 8. JoH* 9. Tania* 10. LindaB 11. Sarah* 12. Monique* 13. Kaeren 14. JoK*

If you want some stamps that may fit the theme, visit here, lol. We now have mounted and unmounteds, so make sure you click on both sections. I love these stamps!

I got my Buzz & Bloom DT package this week too, lots of fabulous chipboard and some great new alphabet stamps. Check out the new B&B blog, a couple of the girls have already uploaded artwork. I'm still in the thinking mode, but I did have a peaceful shower this morning where I came up with an idea, now I just have to put it into action!

I was also put to the challenge the other day on Scrapbooking Top 50 . I was challenged to create a layout using black handstitching, 3 brands of patterned paper and orange. This is what I came up with. I didn't have any black dmc thread so I machine stitched instead, but I did handsew the buttons on, lol. The pp is American Crafts, SEI and the notepad looking paper is actually Urban Rockstar from Urban Lily. This little man turned 8 years old on Tuesday. We made a lovely chocolate chunk mud cake which was delicious. He'll have a 'friends' party when he gets back to school, which is OMGosh in two weeks! It really does fly by....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits