Thursday, April 05, 2007

More creativity

Thank you for all of the lovely comments on Mary's diorama. Her face lit up when I read them out to her.

Peggy has been doing some creating too. We love magpies in our house, we call them Maggies, which of course is another name that we can call Peggy as her full name is Margaret. On the walk to school every day there are lots of magpies and they talk to us in their warbling voices. We also have a family that plays in our front yard, they hang upside in the trees and roll around the lawn. Sometimes you will see two of them having a fight and rolling around the lawn. They are just like kids! Anyway, last week Peggy asked me for a yellow peg, a glass jar and some black and white paper. This is what she created, all by herself, with no suggestion or help from anyone. She turned five in December, so you can imagine how proud I am of her creativity!

As for me, I did a layout the other night using the April Full Tart. I have converted to 8.5x11 landscape and love it. I think I have to go and pull apart all of my 12x12 albums, lol.

I also made this card for the CPS#7 sketch. It uses Stemma rubons that I received as my CPS rak.
Other than that, my week has been full of ordering and unpacking. The new stamper's kit naming competition finishes up tomorrow night and the winner will be announced next week along with the launch of the new kit. I'm just waiting on the last of the cardstock to arrive and we will be ready to go. There is an awesome amount of entries and some very clever names! A few tongue twisters too, lol.

We are having lunch tomorrow with the grandmas and my wonderful husband is cooking (of course!). We have fish, calamari and prawns on the menu, plus pavlova and chocolate tarts.

Have a happy and safe Easter :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Philippa---love the colors and how you added your own twist to it.
Melissa

2:15 PM  
Blogger dawnmercedes said...

Maggie...Love the project you made! When I was your age, and got new shoes...I'd use the shoe box to make the most marvelous creations....Tell your mom you need new shoes...then you'll have a new project to work on. I hope you mom keeps posting these pix. They are great!

2:53 PM  
Blogger dawnmercedes said...

I mean Peggy...I was thinking of the magpies...sorry!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh love the maggie! Great work. We have maggies too our crew has grown from 3 to 6 and most frequently 10 visit now coming up onto the doorstep and call to us if they can't find enough good stuff out in the grass LOL.
hope you guys are having a lovely easter weekend.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Create It Simply said...

LOVE it!! That is one of my favorite color combinations! Thanks for sharing! :)

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Miss Peggy Maggie Margaret is a very creative soul....oh, and I love the Magpie warble too.

Love the card Philippa, you are so very clever with them.

Hope Easter was good to you.

3:08 PM  
Blogger . said...

beautiful card! Christine

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits