Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day present

I did Wendy's Not Just a Torso class at Kiwiscraps, but wasn't overly happy with the shape of my torso's boobs, lol. I bought a second torso to play with here at home and this is the result. I did make a huge torso last year for Buzz & Bloom, you can see it here. I used a slightly different technique to Wendy.



This torso was sponged lightly with Distress Ink Milled Lavender. I dyed tissue paper with 7gs dye, then stamped with Staz-on ink. I then adhered torn pieces to the torso using gel medium mixed with a little purple pearlex. The lace pieces for the skirt were dyed with coffee or 7gs dye. I also inked the base with black Staz-on. The pearlex gives it a very delicate sheen. Then I made a card to match, all stamps are by Hero Arts.



Now I'm off to Mum's....

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous I love your take on the class.

1:17 PM  
Blogger leewoodside said...

The colours are really pretty in this.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits