Sunday, April 15, 2007

Catching up

Lots been going on since my last entry.We lazed around at Easter, it was so nice. Lunch on Friday was lovely, as usual. Then the rest of the weekend was just spent relaxing or gardening. We mulched our front garden beds and they look so much better. There isn't much growing due to the drought but I do have some bulbs starting to peek their way through. I did get quite a bit of scrapbooking done too, probably about 4 double layouts. I'm still scrapping in 8.5x11 and boy is it fast!
Tuesday, I had one of *those* days, nothing was going right, but I did get lots done, lol. Lots of parcels have been arriving for May and for our next Gourmet Tart. The April gallery is up, check it out, lots of colour and inspirations. Huge congrats to Mel for her recent win, well done!
Not much creating, although last night I did play with some image transfers and made these two ATCs. Both are image transfers, one from a newspaper and one from a magazine. Elizabeth is covered in beeswax, and Poppy is using some Buzz & Bloom chipboard scrolls cut down.

On Thursday we were summonsed to the Friday school assembly and Peggy got an Artist of the Month award. It's her first award at the school and she was very happy!

Yesterday we got up at a ridiculous hour of 5am to go the the Balloon Festival. When we arrived at 6am, there were no balloons! Last year the balloons were all half up in the sky by 6am. I was starting to stress out, lol, but we were patient and it paid off. I got lots of photos but all of standard balloons. There were three that were slightly more interesting and they were an AFL football, a house with a cat on the roof and Mikey from Monsters Inc.
Then we headed off to the Pancake Parlour for breakfast, before going shopping at the new Canberra Centre and Borders. The kids had a ball in there! But boy... kids' books are expensive, particularly for the littler ones. The small chapter books aren't too bad, Mary desperately wants a cat so she bought this book about a Magic Kitten.
Today, well today I am preparing myself for two weeks of school holidays. Which also means it is less than two weeks to Kiwiscraps...

3 Comments:

Blogger dawnmercedes said...

Great pix!...esp. love the art work by your DD. Keep up the good work. Make sure you have your mom start an art gallery in your room!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ATCs!I so gotta try that transferring!
Congrats to Peggy for being Artist of the Month! Beautiful collage! And i really like the Mikey ballon but I amnot sure if I would have gotten up that early to see it ;))
hugs,Monique

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOVE your ATC's---such an amazing style you have Philippa girl!
Melissa

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits