Tuesday, January 30, 2007

8 days!

What have I done in 8 days? Cleaned the house, made homemade muesli bars, ate same muesli bars, finished a canvas, built a bed, doing some swaps, washing, played cards, scrapped, paddled, ACTSA, oh gosh and lots of other things in between!

With all three children at school this year, I have decided that I am going to bake. I enjoy baking, I hate cooking. I want to make things for their lunchboxes that aren't full of preservatives and colours. So last week we experimented with muesli bars and omgosh they were delicious! Mary didn't like the sultanas in them so I promised I'd make some with choc chips. Each time she would have a piece, she would take a little tupperware container and return it with the sucked sultanas, lol. She had muesli for breakfast this morning and picked all the sultanas out before we poured the milk in. I think I might have to make her some sans sultanas!

Billy turned 8 on the 16th January. I am the mother of an eight year old, how did that happen?! I can clearly remember the day I found out I was pregnant with him, I had suspected for a while as we were trying, lol. I had previously had a miscarriage at 13 weeks, so we were desperately trying! I finally did a home pregnancy test on Mother's Day 1998, it was strong and I took the day to be a good omen :) Anyway, his birthday brings me to the building of the bed, as we finally caved and bought him a bunkbed with a desk underneath. It's given him so much more room and I've been quite surprised that he is sleeping so well in it.

I'm in a Collections Tile swap that Tammy is hosting and I'm doing a couple of squares each night which has been very enjoyable.

I got a card accepted by Papercrafts for publishing in Aug/Sept.

I finished my canvas for Buzz & Bloom, you can see the full pics on the B&B Blog.



We celebrated Australia Day by going to the Cotter Dam, eating sausage sandwiches and rhubarb icecream. We then drove to a quieter spot to have a paddle in the river. I paddled, the kids swap, we skimmed rocks, I got some great photos, not yet developed yet, lol.

Then I went to ACTSA on Saturday which is always fun.
I have booked into Kiwiscraps in April! Gabbie is coming up with me, I can't wait. It will be a fun weekend, I am sure.
Today we picked up school uniforms ready for next week and my clothes line is now a sea of black and red. I'm also in the middle of completing the scrap pages for last year's school photos!
February kits will be onsite later this week.
Oh and the crowns/hats ATC swap is going well, they are arriving in trickles and looking AMAZING!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Baking in free time sounds divine. Can't wait till I can do that too.
You have been busy. I got Deb's Tiles today and they are stunning its good to be able to see little examples of the work that I have admired online for so long IRL.
Sounds like you have had a busy week!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gawd....my head's swimming just reading all you've been up to !! I have to agree with Mary... sultanas are yuk !

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits