Sunday, January 21, 2007

Where does our inspiration come from?

From the deep, dark recesses of our minds we can sometimes pull something from there that we didn't know existed in our memory.

I remember reading issue 33 of Scrapbook Creations many months ago and absolutely loving the Stitching Scraps article by Mel Nunn. Well that mag has sat on my shelf since the month it came out. I got an email from Mel on Friday saying she loved my layout (below) and had a giggle, well lo and behold, look what I pulled from the back of my mind! Here is Mel's layout that was in that article. Now I've seen hers, I wish I'd done mine on Kraft too!

Still struggling with the heat here, not much creating going on. I did start an art canvas for Buzz & Bloom last night which is way out of my comfort zone so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I started reading Voyager by Diana Gabaldon too. I'm about halfway there. One good thing about her books is that they are so long that it takes me at least a few days to read them. I do hate reading a good book in 1-2 days, it feels over all too quickly. I get really obsessed with books that I read and I'm even thinking in Jamie's Scottish accent, lol, oh boy that is a sad confession!

Okay I'm off to add some flowers to the hills in my canvas....

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel Nunn said...

Too funny Phillipa, see our minds store things without us even knowing!!

Hope the heat doesnt last too much longer and the rain comes... we need it...

1:03 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

LOL.
they both look great.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm...intriguing, hills on a canvas?

As far as your layout looking similar to Mels, I agree... somewhere in the dark recesses of our mind comes an idea seems to come out of the blue...only to find that it's been stored there by visual memory several months earlier.

I'm sure Mel is chuffed at your take on this design.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Oh this is funny Philippa...
I wonder how many times we've all done this... & Are there any original LO's at all...
Both are equally gorgeous, cause your both soooooo clever...

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Yep, sometimes I look at one of my cards and think "hmm, this looks familiar" then I panic about maybe where my inspiration might have come from.

Great layouts. :)

Me too... I get totally absorbed in books and hate it when I've finished them.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits