Thursday, February 15, 2007

I know it's a cliche but how does time fly?! I think to myself that I don't have to blog as I only did it a couple of days ago and then when I check it's 9 days ago, lol.
So what have we been doing? Well the kids all started school. I didn't cry at Peggy's first day but I sobbed to hubby the night before. We got some great pics of her walking to school on her first day. She was off and running, leaving us well behind. Of course she fits in like a glove as she has spent so much time down there in past years. All the kids love their new teachers and class arrangements so that's all good.

I was contacted by Stamping and Papercraft six weeks ago to do a commission of ten cards for them, and guess when I started it? Last weekend, lol, they are finally finished and I overnighted them to the mag today. Nothing like working under pressure! Hey my excuse is that I was baking and covering school books.
Which brings me to my vent about covering school books and contact! How can different brands of contact vary so much?! Oh my gosh I struggled with the Pirates of the Caribbean contact that Billy selected. It just would NOT work. I wrecked one book and have to buy him a replacement. I was just about in tears on Sunday morning but was saved by the bell in a funny email from Gabbie, talk about the right timing. So on tossing out the Pirates contact that cost a small fortune, we pulled out the Creative Imaginations pirate paper and boy oh boy do these school books look good! I'm happy, Billy's happy, it took me longer to do as we had to gluestick them on, but cost wise was probably cheaper than the wasted contact!

Tony went to a friend's 40th birthday in Melbourne over the weekend. It was a real struggle to decide on a present for him, so I ended up making it. You can see it here at Buzz & Bloom. I got my next design team parcel from them today, with more rubber, woohoo, so now on to more creating. While hubby was away, I took the kids to the Egyptian exhibition at the National Gallery. I've always had a fascination with Ancient Egypt and Billy studied it at school last year, even making his own canopic jar with contents! So the exhibit was great, it was so unreal to be looking at artwork created 4000 years ago. We then went into the permanent exhibits and some of that artwork left a lot to be desired in my humble opinion, lol. There were two items that stood out in my mind. One being a plain white canvas, no shades of white, or textures, or even a tiny red dot in a corner, lol, just a plain white canvas that someone declared was art. The other was a box wrapped in hessian and tied with string, called art, in fact I think it's official title was 'box wrapped in hessian tied with string'. It all makes me feel not quite so bad in sometimes having the title of artist.
After the exhibition we went to a cafe called All Things Chocolate, and we walked out of there feeling very sick indeed. We had to walk off the food before hopping back in the car or I was afraid we may have had an accident on the way home, lol.
I also had coffee with Tammy last week, it was the first time that we had met, although she has met my husband before, lol. We got along really well, it was nice :)
Lime Tart gallery is up. Check out the newsletter and project sheets too! March kits have gone out to the designers, now to start thinking April ;)
I have just about finished Drums of Autumn. How are you going with it, Keri? I haven't heard of A Breath of Snow and Ashes. I must go google it, lol. Ahhhh okay another one to add to the wishlist. I won't read what it is about as I don't want to know, lol, I haven't even read the back cover of Fiery Cross. On the subject of these books, does anyone know why in book one a character was named Callum MacKenzie, but in book two, his name changed to Colum MacKenzie? I'm assuming Colum is perhaps more Scottish than Callum, but still....
Today I am baking cakes, I have promised a Pikachu cake for Billy. Even though it was his birthday in January, he is having the party this weekend. His current obsession is with Pokemon cards.
There, I think I have caught up, with blogging, not with life yet, lol.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very newsy there Philippa ! Glad the kids have settled into school okay. Might check with Tyler tonight whether he's still got his Pokemon cards....maybe I can post them to Billy if they are no longer needed.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits