Sunday, February 04, 2007

Tagged, tiles, comets and books

Yes I've been tagged by Gabbie :)

A - Available or Single: LOL
B - Best Friend: I hope she knows who she is
C - Cake or Pie: Lime tart of course!
D - Drink of Choice: iced water
E - Essential item you use everyday: coffee
F - Favorite Color: atm I've been told it's green
H - Hometown: Launceston, Tas
I - Indulgence: new clothes
J - January or February: January I guess
K - Kids & Names: Billy, Mary, Peggy
L - Life is incomplete without? should I get soppy (friends) or funny (a brain)?
M - Marriage Date: Dec 31st 1996
N - Number of Siblings: 1, I think, lol
O - Oranges or Apples: green apples
P - Phobias or Fears: crowds
Q - Fave Quote: Happiness is the journey, not the destination
R - Reason to Smile: I'm alive!
S - Season: summer or winter - Spring! I hate the extremes, especially living without our aircon! T - Tag 3 or 4 People: If you haven't done it, consider yourself tagged
U - Unknown fact about me: I hate elevators after being stuck in a tiny one with my three children and an old lady who was threatening to vomit!
V - Vegetable you don’t like: brussel sprouts and my mum used to buy them by the bagful!
W - Worst Habit: procrastinating
X - X-rays: knee, chest
Y - Your Fav Food: chocolate, mango, fresh raspberries, roast chicken and gravy in winter
Z - Zodiac Sign: Gemini



Tiles - I have finished my Collections Tile swap that Tammy is hosting. Here's a pic, don't look at it closely if you are in it!

Comet - we went out last Saturday night, I think it was, to try and find the comet. We drove and drove and drove for a good spot but to no avail. Finally we came across a street with lots of cars parked and in the darkness we could see people with tripods. We still couldn't see the comet but decided to stop anyway. As soon as we got out of the car we could see it! It was amazing! So much better than Haley's Comet, lol. So after watching for a while, back in the car and home again. We parked out the front of the house, got out of the car and guess what?! There was the comet! Right over our house! So we were able to go out on our balcony and now knowing what we were actually looking for, we could see it really well.

I'm reading Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon now, continuing the Claire & Jaime series. We headed out to the library on Wednesday but arrived too early and it wasn't yet open. So we did a wander around the shops and I found a new little bookstore, well apparently it's been there for over 6 months, lol. In we went and I'm such a sucker for books that we all left with one or two books. I was lucky enough to find both of the Diana Gabaldon books that I needed to finish the series for $8 each! Yes brand new - $8 each, I'll be going back there again!

February Lime Tart sneaks are up, actually they aren't really sneaks at all, lol. I haven't used the 6x6 kit yet, but I have been playing with the 12x12 and I love it! I have done an 8.5x11 layout titled 'ten years wed' and now I've started on a 9x9 album of our holiday at the coast over Christmas.

Peggy starts kindergarten tomorrow :( Let's hope that I can contain the tears that my baby is growing up...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Philippa, you are not going to believe this but I am also scared of lifts, can't stand them will walk if I can.

Love green apples, love coffee.

Your tiles are gorgeous, and I think I know which one is mine LOL !!

Have a great week Philippa.

Best Wishes Always.
Carole.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Kerilou said...

OMG, P!! I am reading that book right now, too! I have the Fiery Cross waiting for me, but still have to get A Breath of Snow and Ashes....are these books not brilliant?? Have you read the Wilderness series by Sara Donati? It is very similar...hugs, Kerilou

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top50 Scrapbooking Kits